Wow, it’s hard to believe how much time has passed since our last post here! A lot has happened since last May. Here’s a brief run-down:
- We had another amazing family trip to Kenya at the end of June into July. For two weeks we traveled again from Nairobi to Molo, Nyahururu and Nanyuki. It was great to see familiar faces and places. One of the highlights was meeting the family of a great friend we made in Molo. So many great memories!
- Prior to our trip we were all set to move into a town house at the end of July. The plan was to rent a smaller place, get out of debt and live with less ‘stuff.’ During our stay in Nanyuki we found out everything had fallen through and we’d have to find somewhere else to live within two weeks after returning. God provided! Some very
gracious friends offered to rent out their basement for as long as we needed. We had a HUGE garage sale, took two trips with a 10′ U-haul and moved in. This has required some adjustments, patience and prayer. And it has been great preparation for the next major change in our lives…
- January 2018 – we’re relocating to Kenya! We know for sure we’ll be shooting videos and telling stories, and working with one of the ministries we connected with on our trip in 2015. We are not sure for how long we will live there – maybe a year or two. More details to come!
- Isaac, the watchman we met at our rental house during our 2015 trip to Kenya, is in Nyahururu and doing well. He is renting a place to stay, growing a garden and praising God. He has grown so much food in his garden that he is giving it away to others in need! In October he texted me from northwestern Kenya where he was attending a large summit/conference. The attendees brought food, clothes, etc to donate to a famine-stricken area near the border of South Sudan. He also gave food to a nearby children’s home. Isaac is really being a blessing to others! He was hired as a cook for a school in Nairobi. But, after working a short time he wasn’t getting paid. He did not know Nairobi well and he had some personal items stolen. So, he left and went back to Nyahururu and is happy once again.
- Our holidays were very nice. We were able to see some family and friends. And spend some much-needed time together as a family.
- So far, the plan of downsizing and getting out of debt is working. Our only debt is the car payment!
2017 will be a year of preparation and planning. The move to Kenya is becoming very real as we get closer to the time when we will say goodbyes to family and friends. Your prayers are appreciated and needed!
That’s all for now.
Glen, Lisa and Jax